Monday, April 23, 2007

missing the pockets but not the coat

It's finally spring. As recently as last week, I was wearing long pants, a sweater and my winter coat. New York was flooded with rain at the beginning of the week. Coupled with the still cold weather, it was pretty miserable and depressing. Then on Friday, I walked to work carrying my fleece jacket in my hand. It was a sunny, warm day. Luckily this good weather continued throughout the weekend when I could actually enjoy it. Like other New Yorkers, I felt the cold depression of winter might actually fade away.
My roommate and I went shopping on Saturday, and while she was at work I continued walking around outside. Saturday night we went out to a place with a terrace. Not only was it a nice change to be outside, but also not holding a bulky coat the whole time. We weren't the only ones who went out with the intention of being outside. The terrace was packed with people ready to enjoy the warm Spring weather.
Sunday was spent laying out at the Great Lawn in Central Park. Which means when I wore my skirt and short sleeves to work today, I had a nice tan to show off.
I do not miss wearing my winter coat. But I do miss the pockets. I usually kept my subway metro card and work ID in the pocket for easy access. Now I have to pull out my wallet to retrieve the needed card. But I'm not complaining.
I can't wait to wear a skirt and sandals to work again tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home