Wednesday, April 18, 2007

and I'm also Carrie

Last night I was watching another re-run of Sex and the City. Carrie's dating Big and thinks the relationship is great... only to find out he's still seeing other people. He can't understand what she is so upset about. Then she explains to him that she's done the merry-go-round, the revolving door. She is looking for someone to just stand still with her. Standing in a park in New York City at 3am, she asks Mr. Big if he wants to "stand still" with her.
That's how I feel. My dating life in New York has very much been a merry-go-round. I have actually been thinking about this exact metaphor for the past few weeks. So why do I keep meeting guys who aren't ready to stand still with me? Maybe (to continue this metaphor) it is because I don't want to be standing alone. I'd rather have the merry-go-round, than find myself standing alone.
Cue the music for another time around...

1 Comments:

Blogger j-lay said...

i too would like to stand still with someone.

3:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home