Friday, March 17, 2006

A Very Long Spring Break

Each March, I rediscover one of the great things about our education system regardless of whether you are a student or a teacher- Spring Break. Last year, as a teacher, I spent my Spring Break working in a fancy law office where I was very busy and important. This year, as a student, I spent my Spring Break entertaining friends and family in New York City.

I began enjoying my Spring Break at 9:00pm Wednesday night. I took my Regression midterm, went and bought some beer, then began Spring Break. I was excited to have Spring weather all during C.T.'s visit. With all the walking we did, at least we did it in beautiful spring weather. We did a LOT of walking. My legs were sore for two days afterwards. On Tuesday I couldn't even take the stairs up to my room- and I live on the third floor.
Luckily I spent the middle part of my Spring Break with my grandparents. They naturally go at a slower pace so my legs were able to recover. Since they had already been to New York City, I didn't feel the need to take them around to see all the sights. Mostly we enjoyed visiting, dining out, and seeing Broadway shows. We saw two Broadway shows while they were here, which was a real treat since I can't afford to see one. Tuesday night we saw Barefoot in the Park and Wednesday night we saw The Light in the Piazza at Lincoln Center. The Spring weather I had enjoyed with C.T. had vanished, giving way to a return to winter. But we all bundled up and still managed not to get blown away by the strong gusts of wind.
Yesterday began the final part of my Spring Break. It is just me. I enjoyed spending the day alone. I did go babysit in the afternoon. It was just boy G and me. He rollerbladed and I rode his scooter. Yes, that's right. I was scootering along Broadway- in front of people. I can only imagine how it looked. Especially when the wheel got caught in a crack and I nearly flipped over the handle bars. But, I admit, it was fun.
Today I'm deciding whether or not to attend the St. Patrick's Day parade. Right now my coffee and my pajama pants are winning. I just don't know if I want to leave my room to go watch it. I'm pretty sure I can find it on TV. I've got 3 days of Spring Break left. I plan to enjoy them fully, doing as little as possilbe.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i miss spring break.

1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home