Sunday, March 05, 2006

the writing on the cup

Thursday is my Starbuck's day. I look forward to going each week. It is part of my Thursday ritual. Gym in the morning, class at 1:00, then Starbucks at 2:45. I get my coffee on my way to my babysitting job. It is my treat.
Have you ever noticed the quotes on the side of the Starbuck's cups? Usually I don't pay too much attention to them. Or if I do take the time to read what it says, I don't really find it inspiring. This past week was the exception. I was looking forward to Starbuck's as the highlight of my day. As I was waiting for the kids' bus to arrive, I was bored. So I read the cup.
The irony of commitment is that it's deeply liberating- in other words, in work, in play, in love. The act frees you from the tyranny of your internal critic from the fear that likes to dress itself up and parade as rational hesitation. To commit is to remove your head as the barrier to your life.
I knew coffee was good for me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

i HEART that quote.
i am going to steal it and put it on my blog.
: )

1:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home