Sunday, February 12, 2006

a midget among giants

In an effort to learn more about basketball, I went with my friend Mara to watch her team, Gonzaga (pronounced gahn-zay-ga) play Stanford in a rivalry week game featured on ESPN. Mara, another girl from our school, and I all headed to a sports bar in Hell's Kitchen. While three girls watching basketball is pretty cool, we weren't alone. Mara's friend from Gonzaga was in town and bringing 3 other guys to join us. She told us they were tall guys. This didn't mean much to me. When you are 5', everyone seems tall.
When they walked towards us, I realized my friend meant really tall. The "shortest" guy of the group was 6'6". Let me just tell you, 6'8" is very tall. Especially when you are 5-foot- even, looking up. After the sports bar, we went downtown for dancing. At one point, I was surrounded by all these giant guys. It was a very weird experience. People stared. These guys look like basketball players. In fact, they are all rowers- US Olympic hopefuls. They were good-looking, too. Yes, I liked the one who is 6'7". But it will never work. He lives in Philly...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i believe the more P.C. term is "little people".

not midget.

2:05 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

i think it is acceptable for me to use the word 'midget' when i am referring to myself.
you can continue to call me 'small friend'.

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home