Wednesday, January 18, 2006

radio in the city

I've pretty much had no regard for the radio in New York. Apart from Christmas time, when I was without my Christmas CDs, I haven't much needed or wanted to listen to it.
Until now. Today I had lunch with a guy who told me about a radio station he thought I might like. I knew he would be right. After all, he and I are a lot alike in so many ways. Then he mentioned Wilco, and I didn't even question him. When I got home from class, I tuned the radio until I found the suggested station.
It's playing now, and I have a feeling that I will often be tuning in. It reminds me of a station in Austin. A city we agreed was a good alternative to New York City.
It's nice to know that the guy who shares the same thoughts about beer, education, cities and enjoying life, also has great taste in music.
I sure hope he calls again...

3 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

thanks for the tip! i'm listening on itunes right now.

12:00 PM

 
Blogger i am cam said...

it's good. i'm listening also.

ah... we have a connection.

12:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to the station this evening at work...very mellow. Love it!

9:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home