Tuesday, January 10, 2006

beyond acceptable

I'm going to take a moment to rant a little. Christmas decorations- not acceptable after New Year's. Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas. I love Christmas decorations. However, I believe the proper time span for trees, wreaths and lights is the day after Thanksgiving until New Year's Day. Sure, everyone has their own rule. But most adhere to nearly the same time period- or less.
Yet, I have noticed many Christmas decorations still up. Even yesterday, 9 days after the time in which they should have been taken down. On January 7th, I saw a Christmas tree at a mall, lights on a house, and a wreath on a car. The next day, I saw a Christmas tree at the airport. And yesterday I went to a bar in DC still adorned with wreaths, lights and garland.
It is my opinion that this is beyond acceptable. These Christmas decorations should have already been taken down. 10 days ago. Do you agree or disagree?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh disagree. you can legally keep them up till January 6 (Epiphany) - if you are Catholic or Episcopalian that's when Christmas is actually over.

1:12 AM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

i just don't care. then again i'm a guy.

1:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holla! As your resident former Catholic/Episcopal friends it is no surprise that jro and I agree on this. Epiphany it is. 12 days of Christmas, people.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

all i know is.. it depresses me to see it after christmas, bc there's no anticipation, no excitement. all it is reminding you that your favorite holiday is OVER. and you'll never get it back. ever.

4:47 PM

 
Blogger linz said...

I can't stand it! Also while we are on the subject, why all the very dead and brown christmas trees laying on the curb til Valentine's Day? I watched the garbage men from my kitchen window this morning. Two men are riding on the back of the Garage truck, and they both jump off. The Dead Christmas tree is pretty much touching the garbage can, and they only grab the can, empty it, and are on their merry way. It only takes one person to empty the trash, so the other guy was just standing there watching. RIDICULOUS! K, Christmas vent over.

2:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home