Wednesday, November 30, 2005

back in the city

After a slight delay (at 5am the 2 hour delay due to mandatory crew rest was a mixed blessing), I arrived back in New Jersey. I finally retrieved my luggage and somehow managed to lug my two very heavy bags onto the New Jersey transit, get through the turnstile at Penn Station, transfer to the subway, again struggle not to get caught in the revolving subway exit, and walk 4 blocks back to my room.
The next morning I was feeling sore from carrying heavy bags up and down stairs and through aiports and train stations. I decided to forgo working out and instead went grocery shopping. As I walked to the store, I took time to appreciate the busy streets. My neighborhood at home was so quiet. I didn't know that I would miss the noise and crowds of New York City. But I liked seeing people walking to various places, waiting for the bus, and enjoying lunch in small restaurants.
I really do love this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home