Wednesday, November 16, 2005

when you can get what you want

While out shopping this weekend I found a great pair of Steve Madden boots that I just had to have. However, I resisted and reluctantly walked away from them. But I couldn't stop thinking about them. After all, I had to have them. So I called my mom and suggested that the boots would make a great Christmas present to me. She said to go ahead and buy them. Well, I was unable to make it back to the store until Tuesday. My size was gone! I had told myself if they were gone it would be a sign that they weren't meant to be. But at that moment, I decided I didn't belive in signs. I wanted those boots. I sadly went home. However, I wasn't ready to give up just yet. I called around to several other stores and located my size at the Chelsea location.
This morning I woke up earlier than normal so that I could be at the store shortly after it opened in an effort to get my boots. Before leaving my room, I checked Yahoo! Weather to see how I should dress. I was surprised to see that it was 35 degrees. When had it gotten so cold? So, I bundled up in a long sleeve shirt, a sweater and my wool coat. Once outside, I realized I was going to get hot in all my layers. I went back up, changed into a short sleeve shirt, a sweater, and my lighter-weight trench coat. As I walked to the subway, I quickly shed the trench coat. I found myself thinking, "If this is what 35 degrees feels like, I'm going to survive winter after all."
I arrived in Chelsea, a new area of the City for me. I liked the feel of that area. Lots of fun stores, cute shops, not too crowded. I easily found my way to the store. (I could actually see the sun and determine east.) Once in the store, I navigated my way back to the shoe section. It was the moment- would they still have the boots in my size? Not only did they have them in the size I had called about, but they had one size smaller. They fit perfectly. True, they were no longer on sale 20% off, but I had found my boots in the perfect size. It is going to be a very Merry Christmas to me.
Once at home, I decided to check Yahoo! Weather again. Somehow Yahoo! had reset to Texas weather. It was not 35 degrees in New York, but in Texas. Here it was a beautiful 70 degrees, November day.
These are the boots that I just had to have. And now I do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

i asked for the EXACT same boots for christmas! they're perfect because they're cowboy-ish, chic, but rugged looking, and they have a cute boho slouchy thing going on. love them!

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home