Tuesday, November 08, 2005

furthering the pumpkin agenda

It is that time of year when the pumpkin gains popularity. Since August I've been able to enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. Though even I have realized that there is such thing as too much pumpkin, and I only order the tall. The same friend who once told me to stop "pushing my pumpkin agenda" sent me an article claiming that "White is the New Orange for Pumpkins." This is disturbing to me for two reasons:
1. I really like orange
2. Pumpkins should be orange
Last year I indulged in many pumpkin experiences. This year it continues. Sure, I'll be among the many enjoying pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. But in the meantime, I enjoy pumpkin in many non-traditional ways. Today I had an omelet with pumpkin. Think vegetable, not dessert and it won't sound nearly as disgusting. Trust me, it was good. Better than the pumpkin soup I had while in Vietnam.
Perhaps if I'm going to be so non-traditional when I eat pumpkins, I should be a little less traditional when it comes to judging their color. But I do really like orange...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i'm not totally on board with all the pumpkin-ness, but i did try the pumpkin latte at starbucks this week, and i only did because i thought of you and it's a nice way to start my week, thinking of my pumpkin-loving friend who i don't see much because she is far away.

and i did it because my co-workers think i'm funny when i try something new.

today they tried to get me on board with the gingerbread spice latte (or whatever it is). i told them i could not handle that until next year.

11:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home