Sunday, October 23, 2005

too much- but worth it

Friday night was my low-key night. It involved happy hour as usual. Followed by big slice pizza and Crema Lita ice-cream. I was home by 8:30. I had planned to do some school work. I read a little, but mostly I watched bad Friday night TV. I miss TGIF days on ABC. I was asleep at an alarmingly early time on a Friday night. But I had work at 9am the next morning.
Saturday I worked from 9-1. By 2 I was in the computer lab to work on a paper due Monday. I took a break at 3:30 to go home and watch the UT/Tech game. By halftime, it was clear Texas was going to win so I decided to use my time wisely and headed back to the computer lab for more paper writing. Luckily I was able to check the score of the game via ESPN Live online. After I had made sufficient, though perhaps not quality, progress on my paper I decided to quit for the day. I headed back to my room to get ready for a night out.
I went out with my suitemate to a going away party for her British friend. We quickly changed plans to travel to the lower eastside via subway when we saw the pouring rain. Instead we took a taxi. It cost 10 times the amount we would have paid taking the subway.
First it was drinks in a bar, then to sing karaoke. It was a lot of fun. 4 o'clock in the morning fun. I do love me some karaoke. Especially when I get to sing my classic, I will survive. I also sang These boots were made for walking. An appropriate song given my cowboy boots- again worn with a skirt. Many more songs were sang until the wee hours of this morning.
Surprisingly I woke up relatively early. I knew I had a lot of work to do. Today was filled with reading, writing and laundry. I also had a study group and a group project meeting about a presentation for tomorrow's class. I'm exhausted. But if I can just make it through tomorrow evening, then I can finally take time to rest. At least for one day. Then it will be time to gear up for midterms. But don't worry. I still plan to have a little bit of fun next weekend. Who says school is all about the classes?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

that is IT. i am buying cowboy boots. nothing can stop me.

2:25 PM

 
Blogger linz said...

I have been inspired by you as well to look into some good quality cowboy boots. Got any good advice on which are the best for purchasing? Since you live in NYC now, I will have to ask you for style advice before I go and impact CC with fashion.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

i've been wanting to get my karaoke on lately.

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home