Sunday, November 06, 2005

experiencing a New York tradition

Today was the annual New York City marathon. This competitive race goes through all five boroughs. I can't even imagine what it is like running in this marathon. But today I did go to participate as a spectator. I went with my suitemate to her aunt's east side apartment. The cute little studio had a fantastic little yard- a rarity in New York City. As we stood in the backyard, sipping on mimosas, we could hear the crowd cheering along 1st Avenue. So we ventured 1/2 a block over to cheer on the runners. It was great shouting as they passed, encouraging them in this amazing feat. If they had their names on their shirts, we acted as if we knew them. I saw several Texans and even did a "hook 'em horns". It was a pretty great way to spend a beautiful Sunday morning in New York. After all, I wasn't running. I was the one on the sideline drinking my mimosa.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the NYC marathon....My mom and I were there one Nov. when it was going on and we got to see all the runners also it was so great....I am glad you having getting to experience that great city......I love reading about all your adventures on the blog.....we miss you down here.

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home