Thursday, November 24, 2005

cam gives thanks

I recently had two different people wish me a Happy Turkey Day. This made me think, have we gotten so focused on eating turkey (and way too much) that we've forgotten the purpose of this day? Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to eating turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and much more. It's fun watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. But I think it is important for me to remember to be thankful.

I'm thankful for:
  • the many opportunities that I've had, including most recently going to grad school
  • the people who have supported me even when it means leaving them to move to New York City
  • my parents who not only love me, but still love each other even after 30 years of marriage
  • my sister who despite all our differences has become one of my closest friends
  • my grandparents who have encouraged me and helped me pursue my dreams
  • my aunts, uncles, and cousins who make family gatherings special and fun
  • my childhood friends, Megan and Cara- after 15+ years they are still good friends
  • my college friend, Janai- a friendship of ups and downs that has taught us about life and the importance of good friends; she reminds me to maintain high expectations for myself
  • Teri- she encouraged me and helped me pursue my dream school, she listens to me, makes me laugh, and is overall a great friend; like Janai she reminds me not to settle for less
  • Allison- one of my favorite traveling partners
  • the many friends who when I think of them, I smile: Kerri, Luke, Z, Michael, John V., Emily, nycJulie, Jessica, Eric, Kaitlin, Lindsay, Matt C., John C., Jill, Stacie, Steve, JLay, Mollie, Megan T., Carter, Nick, Jen and the many others who I've likely forgotten
  • my suitemates, Jamie and Joanna whose friendship made my transition to life in NYC fun and easy
  • my list goes on...

Enjoy your turkey today, but I hope you will also take time to think of what you are thankful for this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i don't even like turkey.

but i like you. and i'm thankful for you. i hope you know all the reasons why.

thanks for my place on this list.

8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home