Tuesday, November 29, 2005

highlights of my Thanksgiving break

Wednesday:
  • lunch at Chick-fil-A
  • Mexican food for dinner
  • watching LOST with 2 fans from my LOST email discussion group
  • resurrecting Two Rows and drinking bad $1 beer
Thursday:
  • seeing all my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents on my mom's side of the family
  • Champagne Toast to honor my grandmother (and grandfather)- chocolate dipped champagne flutes with peach champagne... so good!
  • turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, mac n cheese, cranberry dressing, layer salad, rolls, PLUS, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie and pumpkin cheescake
Friday:
  • watching Texas A&M make UT play hard for the win
  • watching Nebraska upset Colorado temporarily eliminating them from the Big 12 Championship
  • attending the Stars' game in a suite in the Platinum Club courtesy of my sister
Saturday:
  • visiting with my grandmother on my dad's side
  • watching Kansas beat Iowa State, thus putting Colorado back in the Big 12 Championship game
  • coffee with a friend
  • happy hour with my former boss and her recently engaged daughter
  • Mexican food dinner with my family
  • Karaoke with my friends- the singing was fun, but it didn't beat having all my favorite people in the same bar
Sunday:
  • enjoying the steak my dad cooked on the grill
  • putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house for Christmas
  • going to Journey, followed by dinner at Chipotle, followed by good beer at the Old Monk
The break was too short. I didn't get to see everyone, and those who I did see, the time was too limited. But I'm glad I went home for Thanksgiving. Maybe Texas isn't so bad...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry I wasn't around to see you but I will be around for X-MAS....I hope you will be.....

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

it was so good to see your cute little self! things were too crazy over thanksgiving for us, so i didn't feel that i got enough true quality time. your christmas trip will solve that i'm sure. cant wait!

1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home