Sunday, December 04, 2005

the weather outside is frightful

It is officially cold here. There is no fire to keep me warm. But I do have a very powerful radiator. It only knows one temperature: hot steam. I can't adjust it, yet I don't want to turn it off because it is bad for the pipes and the room will get cold. So instead, I try to create a balanced temperature by running my fan and cracking my window. This system seems to be working.
When I look out my window, I see snow-covered streets. Today I experienced my first snow day in New York City. I experienced it from the window inside my warm room. I've watched as it has slowly melted away. This snow experience wasn't much different from my Texas snow days. I woke up, excited to discover the streets, trees and cars covered in a blanketed white. I've sadly seen the snow melt and disappear, knowing that tomorrow it will be gone. However, unlike Texas I know I can expect many more snow days. I'll start to take for granted the enthusiasm I once felt about seeing snow. I'll dread going out in the cold, snowy streets. But for now, I can't help but say, "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home