Tuesday, January 03, 2006

too busy to do nothing

My plan for the holidays was to do a whole lot of nothing. Instead, I feel I haven't had time for doing nothing. After successfully making it out of New York and back to Texas, I went straight to dinner then Two Rows with friends. The next day was filled with laundry and last-minute Christmas shopping. My family left that evening for Austin. Friday was packed with Christmas festivities- first with my mom's family followed by my dad's family. It was a day of family, presents and too much Mexican food. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day involved a roadtrip home, Christmas Eve Service at Journey, more presents, too much food, too many drinks, a movie and M&M girls' night.
I was exhausted. Yet Monday morning I woke up at 3:50am for my Colorado ski-trip. The week between Christmas and New Year's was spent with some of my favorite people in a small, Starbucks-less town in Colorado. My friend, the Cynical Tyrant provides a detailed account of the trip. It was very fun, even if I was sick most of the trip.
I arrived back in Texas just in time to spend New Year's Eve at a gas station. The next day I slept until afternoon. For the first time in 10 days, I began to feel less sick. I went to Journey, then dinner, then the Old Monk, then to Z's casa to watch one, very bad movie.
Yesterday started the week of Bowl games. I woke up in time to attend a Cotton Bowl watching party. Poor Texas Tech lost in the last few seconds of the game. It was the only exciting part of the game. I'm more looking forward to the Rose Bowl party/game tomorrow night. But in the meantime, I hope to finally do a lot of nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

good to see you!

here is my new blog.

http://lovethemanyway.blogspot.com/

5:03 PM

 
Blogger j-lay said...

nothing can be nice sometimes.

12:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home