Monday, January 16, 2006

it's not the rythm that's going to get me...

First it was football, now basketball. That's right. I'm embracing sports. The very girl who gave up a potential soccer career at the age of 7 because she didn't like to run is learning to like sports. The key is adopting a team that makes being a fan exciting. I devoted my fall to cheering on the University of Texas Longhorns, and by the end of the Rose Bowl I had just as much enthusiasm as an actual graduate.
But now football is over and it is time for my basketball education/enthusiasm to commence. My suitemate is a HUGE Syracuse fan and graduate. My school once had a team before scandal, so now I'm left to adopt SU. They lost tonight against UConn, but all hope is not lost. After all, I was actively watching the game, and I am a lot closer to becoming a true basketball fan. Go Orange!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

um, your school has a ladies team that won the national championship last year.

you'd best check where you loyalties lie and cheer for the lady bears...

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home