Monday, March 13, 2006

the story of my life

Since quitting my job, I've submitted many applications and sent many resumes all over this city. This includes my weekly happy hour bar that was seeking a female bartender. Sure I don't have any real bartending experience, but the ad said "will train right person." I figured I could be that "right person." After all, I might not have bartending experience, but I had plenty of happy hour experience.
Recently I noticed that a female bartender had been hired. Some skinny blonde went and got the job I wanted. Well, it turns out this skinny blonde had something on her resume that I will never have. She was runner-up on America's Next Top Model.
C.T., who is obsessed with reality TV, was with me in New York this past weekend. I took her to happy hour and pointed out the skinny blonde who got my job. She began looking at the new bartender and realized, "that girl looks familiar." It didn't take her long to realize which TV show this girl had been on. Then she began to figure out her name. She narrowed it down to names that start with K. Then she said, I think it is Kayla. I had to swallow any pride I had left and ask the bartender manager, who didn't hire me, the name of his new, skinny blonde bartender. Her name is Kahlen. It was just too close to C.T.'s guess to be coincidence.
This is the story of my life. I lost the bartending job at an average restaurant bar to a model.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

but you're very pretty AND i love you.

i only really LIKE kahlen...

8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home