Friday, March 31, 2006

a very beautiful day, indeed

While most of my friends in Texas have been enjoying spring weather since January, I've only had 2 days of spring weather this month. But this week there has been a change in the air. I think we might be entering a season of spring. I've put all my winter sweaters away, replacing them with my tanks and sandals.
Yesterday was a beautiful day. At 68 degrees the weather was perfect. Students were lounging all across the quad, taking time to enjoy the warm, sunny day. Everyone wanted to be outside- including the kids I babysit on Thursdays. So G put his rollerblades on and A got her jump rope, and we all headed outside.
There was a lot of activity going on just beyond their stoop and none of it related to the spring weather. Trucks lined the streets, a tent was put up over a table covered with food and coffee, a platform had been constructed on the side of a building. This was the site of a movie production. In fact, it was the second movie site I had passed this week. On Tuesday as I walked through the production set-up, I searched for famous people but saw none. I was hopeful that maybe I would this time. There were lots of people walking around with walkie-talkies, but they were all behind the scenes type of people. Where were the ones who would be in front of the camera?
I tried to watch everything without looking obvious. I played jump rope with A and watched G's rollerblading skills. As I sat on the bench, I saw a man crossing the street towards me. I thought to myself, "That looks like Hugh Grant. That looks like Hugh Grant." Then as he passed less than a few feet away from me, I could very clearly hear his well-known British accent. Hugh Grant had just walked right by me! As I said, it was a very beautiful day, indeed.
Listening and paying attention not only allowed me to see Hugh Grant, but I also learned that the name of the movie is Music and Lyrics, the co-star is Drew Barrymore, and the producer of this film is Marc Lawrence who also did Miss Congeniality and Two Weeks Notice and who just happens to be a good friend of the kids' dad.
I'm going to babysit again today. Once again it is a beautiful day. It is the kick-off to my birthday weekend extravaganza. I think that seeing Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore would really be a very happy birthday to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

you've made me so proud! spotting famous people all by yourself!

1:43 PM

 
Blogger linz said...

HUGH GRANT!!! You might as well retire, because as far as I am concerned that's as good as it gets. I am SOO jealous!

12:45 AM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

ya.. i've been ignoring christy the past few days bc of it. gosh i'd like to make out with him.

12:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home