Wednesday, March 29, 2006

the "stop time" button

I have a class this semester in which time seems to actually slow down making the experience of being there nearly painful. I've taken two other classes with this professor which were not nearly as dull which leads me to believe it isn't him, just the content. But I swear, I go to that class and time just stops. It is the longest hour and forty minutes. Ever. I think the class must have some sort of "stop time" button. This device makes each minute feel like an hour. You look at your watch hoping ten minutes have passed and discover it has only been two minutes since you last looked at your watch.
When I was in high school, I took a pre-cal class in which the "stop time" button existed. It was the last class of the day. We would go in and know that this would be the longest hour and a half. Ever. In this case, we believed the "stop time" button was connected to the teacher's book. As soon as she opened it, time would seem to stop. Class just went on and on, never ending. But the minute she closed the book, time would suddenly return to normal speed and a few minutes later the bell would ring.
I think the "stop time" button now is when the professor begins his lecture. We all sit back and prepare for collective agony and boredom. The worst part is that I have to take the second part of this class in summer school twice a week, two hours and twenty minutes. I can only imagine how slow that class will seem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home