Tuesday, March 21, 2006

cam's dating epiphany: when it's not enough

I recently ended a relationship with a guy I really liked. I have no idea why I even liked him other than the fact that I had fun with him. We were about as opposite as you could be, with very little in common except for Syracuse basketball and Grey's Anatomy. For a variety of reasons I preferred to ignore, it probably would have never worked. But I couldn't get beyond the simple fact that I liked him. And that was enough... or so I thought.
All along I thought I was just looking for someone to date now. My dating philosophy was built on just dating someone I like without worrying about anything serious. Turns out, that while I still want someone to date now, I want that someone to at least have the potential to become more. I'm a little shocked by this realization. For some reason, with this guy, I finally stopped being scared of all things relationship-y.
I am disappointed we weren't at the same place in life. Perhaps I should learn a lesson about dating younger men. Or guys who just want to have fun and believe meeting up is dating.
But it was good for me. I can still look for someone to date now, but I won't settle. Because I know that one day, I might actually want that guy to be more.
Maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home