Monday, September 24, 2007

cam confession #16

I dress to impress.

I like the weekends. Figuring out what to wear is easy. When I'm chilling at home, I wear sweatpants or if I'm feeling really lazy I just lounge in my pajamas. When I go out, I usually wear jeans or a mini-skirt with a cute top. If I'm really in the mood to be flirty, I'll wear a cute dress.
When it comes to figuring out what to wear to work, I usually struggle. Maybe it's because I'm still wishing I was in bed rather than thinking about getting ready for work. Or maybe it's because I'd prefer not to care. I'll be honest, there are certain factors that influence my outfit choice for a workday.
Do I have a scheduled meeting with the "big boss" or other important people? If so, I am sure to wear something professional.
Otherwise I simply ask myself "does this need to be ironed?" Or "does this match?"
Actually, that's not true. I actually strive to look put together. I've actually developed a fairly good reputation at work for dressing well. I guess this means people have noticed my efforts.
Unfortunately, this creates too much pressure. For example, last Sunday night I set out an outfit that I thought would be stylish and professional. On Monday morning I discovered that the skirt and shirt combo wasn't working. In desperation, I pulled out a different skirt. I still wasn't satisfied with the look, but unfortunately I was out of time.
I spent the rest of my week carefully choosing outfits that were stylish and professional in an effort to overcome Monday's disaster.
I love Fridays. It's essentially my weekend wear: jeans and a cute top. Oh, and my cowboy boots. They make me sassy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Papagayo said...

While Fridays are always the best day- jeans- I don't/can't pay that much attention. But working all week to correct a mistake on a Monday- that is a commitment I admire. Keep it real, keep it sassy!

2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home