Saturday, August 18, 2007

my lazy Saturday

I love lazy Saturdays. After a long work week, it's nice to spend the day doing nothing other than relaxing. Here's a typical lazy Saturday:
  • Sleep late.
    • Today I got up around noon.
  • Reluctantly get out of bed.
    • It's pretty tempting to lay there all day.
  • Make 1/2 pot of coffee to drink for the next 2 hours.
    • I enjoyed Amaretto coffee today since I had time to drink multiple cups.
  • Eat some breakfast... or lunch. Whatever.
    • I usually eat a little throughout the day.
  • Watch some cheesy TV/movies.
    • After Girls Next Door, I admit I found myself watching High School Musical.
  • Attempt to do something productive.
    • I went to CVS to buy some cards. I also washed my dishes.
  • Eat some sort of lunch or dinner. Again, whatever.
    • I made a veggie omlette since I didn't have that for my first meal.
  • Continue watching cheesy TV while playing around on the computer.
    • Flipping channels is a pretty good way to spend my day.
  • Relax throughout the evening with a glass of wine and a bowl of popcorn.
    • I've got the glass of wine, but I still have to make the popcorn.
Life in New York can often been busy and hectic. So relaxing at home creates a nice balance. But there is the problem of feeling like I've wasted my day. After all, today was a beautiful, sunny 76 degree day. And I spent it sitting on my new loveseat indoors doing nothing. I could have gone to one of the many parks in this city. Or walked around exploring new areas of the city I haven't seen. Oh well. It was a good day.

I'll try to do something more interesting/productive tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home