Thursday, June 28, 2007

my faux date

Last night I went on a date. As far as first dates go, it was probably one of my weirdest. Although not my worst. My worst date was the one I wanted to end 10 minutes after I met him. No, this date wasn't bad. Just weird. And questionable as to whether it actually was a date.
He invited me to go to his hockey game. The guy who couldn't give me a relationship who I dated for over a month never once invited me to one of his hockey games. And we dated over a month. Inviting a girl to your hockey game seems like something you do after dating a month. Not a first date.
After the hockey game, my date and I went out for drinks. With the entire team. That was a first. Me, on a date, with 10 other guys. I had fun. How could I not? But there was none of the usual first date conversation. You know, two people exchanging their life histories wondering when they should start opening up the relationship history vault. No, I engaged in conversations with various guys at various times throughout the evening.
I guess because it wasn't a first date. It was a faux date.
So in the end, I decided I had a good time on my date. Or whatever it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home