Tuesday, July 17, 2007

my proper date

So I went out with the hockey player again. This time when he asked me out he said we should go on a 'proper date'- no hockey game, no hockey team. I agreed. Our date was Saturday night. It's been a while since I've had a date scheduled on a weekend. Actually, it's been a while since I've had a 'proper date.'
He picked me up. In New York, this means he took a cab up to my apartment to meet me. Then we hopped in a cab and went for drinks at one of my favorite spots in the city. It's an outdoor restaurant on the Hudson River. We drank, talked, and watched the sunset. Afterwards, we headed to dinner. He asked me if I had preference, then said he had a place in mind. Another cab ride downtown took us to the dinner restaurant. While we waited for our table out on the sidewalk, we sat at the bar drinking wine and sharing appetizers. Once at the table he asked me what I planned to order. I had decided on the chicken and grilled vegetables. He tried to talk me out of my choice saying it was too boring. Feeling like he was telling me not to order the chicken, I decided I was definitely ordering the chicken. When our meals arrived, he told me mine looked pretty good. After trying it, he agreed that I had made a good choice. In fact, he said it was really good. After dinner involved more drinks and conversation.
It was a good date. I'll likely be going out with him again.
But for now, my next scheduled date is tomorrow with the guy who stood me up. I'm giving him a second chance. I hope he's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home