Sunday, August 19, 2007

a productive Sunday

When I went to bed last night, I knew there was only one thing I wanted to accomplish in the morning- clean my apartment. Not only did I want to put away my collection of shoes that were gathered on the floor (I'm sure that wouldn't surprise anyone who has ever lived with me), but I wanted to actually clean. I'm talking scrubbing the tub, dusting my furniture, clearing away all the clutter.
When I woke up this morning, I made a large pot of coffee, put on some music, and set to achieving my goal. In between my coffee breaks, I scrubbed down my tiny bathroom. Then I cleaned every surface in my tiny kitchen. Once I had removed the clutter (and shoes) in my living room/bedroom, I wiped away the dust. Then after a very long break, I swept the floors.
I feel accomplished.

Here is my clean, tiny apartment:

This is my studio: bedroom/living room. The "bedroom" part is the black bed on the left. The "living room" part is the new IKEA love seat and coffee table on the right.

The fireplace was a selling point... even if it doesn't work. It makes the place look and feel cozy.

This is the entire kitchen: sink on the left, fridge and stove on the right. Everything else crowded on the shelf.

These closets are the reason I took the place. The door on the left is my "storage" closet and at the end of the hall is my "walk-in" closet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Smivey:

Now that I have seen how cute your NYC studio apartment is, I have 3 things to say:

(1) You are welcome anytime to come over and clean my NYC 3 bedroom apartment (photos will not be posted due to the potential of causing your computer to implode).

(2) I knew there was a reason why I disagreed with your friend who thinks you should keep the dating of phone phobic men continuum going - besides the fact that you deserve to be with someone who possesses the basic elements of common courtesy, you now have time to clean!

(3) I definately need to hang with you as the loveseat matches my lipstick!

Sending you love from across town on the Westside,
Jenny From The Bunker

P.S. If your place is in need of a "chair", there is one in the office up for grabs (see previous post, "the chair". :)

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home