Tuesday, October 04, 2005

home of the hotdog

Today I went with friend a.m. to Coney Island. She suggested we go to the birthplace of the hotdog to get a hotdog. So that's what we did. This morning we took the subway from my school to Times Square then transferred to a Brooklyn bound subway that would take us all the way to Coney Island.
The whole trip took just over an hour- plenty of time for me to do my reading for tonight's class. We arrived just in time for lunch. We exited the subway station and were directly in front of Nathan's Famous. We sat outside in the sunshine enjoying our hotdogs and cheese fries. Afterwards we strolled along the boardwalk. After being in the city so long, it was a nice change of scenery to see a beach and body of water and some open space.
I was happy to visit Coney Island during the off-season on a weekday. It lacked the usual crowds of people. Another nice break from city life. I'm sure I'll go back the next time I want to escape the city. Even if Coney Island isn't really an island at all. The real island, ironically, is Manhattan. The busy city I'm happy to call home.

2 Comments:

Blogger j-lay said...

this is greatness. i love learning new things. i now crave a hot dog.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Kerri said...

i am going to eat a hot dog right now. i am not kidding. about to click off and go cook one on the stove. ha!

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home