Friday, April 22, 2005

cam confession #6: wanna play me

This has been a crazy two weeks. I missed a few days at school for a funeral, a doctor appointment, then more testing. Additionally my students had the BIG TEST that we've been preparing for since August. So it has pretty much become "wheels off" at school the last few days. Let me paint the picture for you:
It's Friday. I was absent on Monday. My kids had the BIG TEST on Tuesday. They watched movies and did fun worksheets on Wednesday. The kids took a little practice test on Thursday. Which brings us back to Friday. An already elevated crazy day merely because it is nearly the weekend. Add to that an Awards Assembly in the morning. Then let's add an All-School Picnic. And a teacher with no real lessons for the day. It was crazy!
It is also crazy that I never played tetherball before today. I know! This gave me a HUGE disadvantage when Mr. T challenged me to a game. Since we are teachers, we cut in front of the line of students patiently waiting to play. And then we began to play. Well, that might actually be debatable. I did hit the ball a few times. But I wasn't really sure what I was supposed to be doing. I'm really surprised the game lasted as long as it did. Mr. T made a point of stopping by my classroom later in the afternoon to remind my students that he beat me at tetherball. Maybe I can recruit some students to teach me.
Well, here it is, cam confession #6: I am definitely not an athlete. But I am highly competitive.
Even though I lost the roller-skating race and the tetherball challenge in front of my students, that's okay. They know I can beat them playing the ABC (like Cubes) computer game anyday. HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home