Monday, October 01, 2007

a very long day

After a somewhat restless night, I woke up anxious about the day. I arrived at work at 8:45 this morning. I continued working on the project that took up my days last week. I began to find mistakes and make some changes. While I did manage to leave the office for a short lunch break, it didn't really feel like I ever stopped. I finally left work at 8:20 this evening. This was nearly a 12 hour work day.
I find myself asking how I ended up so deeply entrenched on a project that was never mine to begin with. Have I somehow developed some sort of 'martyr' attitude? No one likes a martyr. I don't think that is it. I simply took on this project because I felt I understood it, and I unexpectedly found myself taking the lead. Then I began to strive for perfection. I was working with numbers. I like numbers. They should balance. If I was getting my information from one report, shouldn't my numbers have matched that report.
I'm still not convinced this report is as good as it should be. But what was I going to do? The truth is that an analysis of the magnitude that I was trying to do takes at least a few weeks. I had a few days.
Today was too long. I'm tired. I don't want to go to work tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Papagayo said...

yo- i had meant to leave this last week, but just wanted to say: YOU'RE THE BEST and i like working witcha.

11:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home