Saturday, May 20, 2006

still under the weather

I'm still not well. I'm not really sick, just not well. I've still got a cough that sounds like I might lose a lung if I'm not careful, and my ear infection doesn't seem to be getting any better. It feels like the pressure you get in your ears when you ride on a plane or go scuba diving-- except it won't go away in my left ear. It is always there. It doesn't hurt. It just annoys me.
Also, I don't really trust these doctors I've been seeing. They are your typical college health center doctors. There is a good reason college health centers are often called 'quack shacks'. One doctor suggested the possiblity of mono. Then she followed by saying I am too old for mono. Excuse me? Too old for mono?
I researched mono. I had most of the symptoms. When I returned to the health center, the new doctor didn't even suggest a mono test. She instead gave me two prescriptions- one for my ear infection and one for my cough. The prescription was for medicine I could buy over-the- counter. This is why I don't trust these doctors.
Most of the mono symptoms have gone away. Except I'm still easily fatigued. I'm in relatively good shape. Yet, I get tired walking a few blocks these days. I was exhausted all day Thursday. I even fell asleep while babysitting. And last night, I was ready to go home by 9pm.
I may not be sick, but I'm certainly not well.
And it is cold and rainy here again. No wonder I'm not feeling well. I need sunshine and warmth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home