Friday, July 29, 2011

disappointment

I do not remember writing that last post over a year ago. I logged in to this nearly forgotten blog as a place to write about my latest heartache. Ironically, to lament the end of the relationship with the person who last March showed much potential.
I've had my share of heartbreaks and disappointments over the years. However, this is the first time where I was the one to end the relationship. It's one of the hardest things I've had to do. I truly loved him and could see my future with him. But that's the problem. He just wasn't ready to include me in his future. We were a good match. I think we were good together. It would have been the perfect relationship if I was 10 years younger and content just living in the present. But I couldn't settle for what he wasn't willing to give me. So while breaking up with him and causing my own heartache was one of the hardest things I've done, it was also the bravest.
So another disappointing end to a relationship that held so much promise. I'm going to miss him. I'm going to miss "us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home