Sunday, April 27, 2008

the end of another chapter

I'm moving again. Moving might be my least favorite thing. Ever.
I have to pack up all my stuff, throw out things, arrange for movers, disrupt my life. I'm fairly apprehensive about this move. I have to leave my very cute studio apartment with two spacious (by NYC standards) closets. I'm moving into a friend's apartment. My room will likely be filled to capacity and my tiny closet will certainly not hold all of my clothes. Also, I will have to readjust to having a roommate. Sure, I've been lonely at times on my own this past year, but you can never be sure that a good friend will make a good roommate.
I just keep telling myself- I'll be saving money. My rent was going up and my salary unfortunately has not. So I'm moving again. Hopefully it will be wonderful, and I won't have to move again. The neighborhood is cute, even if it is far from the subway. My commute to work will be longer- about 45 minutes.
But at least I'll be saving money.
So I'm moving again. Tomorrow. Looking around my apartment right now I'm just hoping I will be ready when the movers show up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home